Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Wheelin' & Dealin'

Hmmmm. Although I still hope to start refurbishing Das Bas in the spring, I have a friend who recently got married and is making preparations to start a family - this includes looking for a bigger house and selling off his "impractical" cars & projects (this usually seems to be part of the deal, which must be why I'm still single). The Corvette is already gone, and he is now looking for a home for what was his first car - a 1950's era Buick. As he is rather attached to the car, there have been hints that the price might be more flexible for me rather than a stranger, since he would know it was being cared for & driven as opposed to being stripped or left to rot in a field. I have been hankering for a new project (the motorcycle deal I mentioned earlier doesn't look like it's gonna happen) but this might be a much bigger can of worms than I am prepared to open. We'll see...

No comments: