Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Home again, home again

Made it back from vacation in one piece, although traveling yesterday was an exercise in frustation. I am off work today to unpack and get my bearings. I was able to do lots of shooting with both the 35mm & digital cameras (as well as the camera phone, check the MoBlog) so that was good. I have yet to develop the 35mm prints, below is my favorite shot from the digitals...

I was only a few feet away, but he didn't give a damn.

One amusing story that just popped into my head:

My stepdad asked me if I wanted to take my golf clubs on vacation, since there was a course at the resort. Now, I'm not that big on golf, but my father was, as is my stepdad and several of my friends - so, I have a set of clubs & I'll play when asked, otherwise I wouldn't see some of my friends for an entire summer. Thing is, I'm pretty lousy. I originally learned with a set of my dad's old clubs, even though I'm left-handed and he wasn't. Someone gave me a hand-me-down set of left-handed clubs a few years ago and I improved from "downright dangerous" to merely "sucks major ass". Anyways, we went and paid the man at the course, and since we had a half hour to kill before teeing off he gave us some balls to take to the driving range to get warmed up. I have a huge 450cc driver that I got for free a few years ago (long story) that I've never been able to hit worth a damn, but I figure it's just the driving range, so I get it out. Right as we start teeing up, a couple of groundskeepers start driving down the left side of the range in a cart. In a few seconds they are waaaay out there, like a couple hundred yards away. I jokingly said to my stepdad, "Five bucks to the first one who can hit 'em". I reared back and swung, not really aiming for anything, and the ball LEAPS off the club. I mean, it was amazing. I drove that ball 300 yards if it was an inch. It was like I was John Daly, without the chain smoking or raging alcoholism. And the ball is rapidly homing in DIRECTLY on these two guys in the cart. Just when I am starting to say "Oh sh-" the ball lands a few feet RIGHT IN FRONT of their cart. If I had swung a half-second later one of them would be in the hospital. My stepdad is rolling with laughter, I was just glad they didn't turn around and beat me senseless with their sand-trap rakes. Of course, I didn't hit the ball that good again for the rest of the day... hell, I'll probably NEVER hit the ball like that again.

Stay tuned, I will be posting another project file in the next few days...

No comments: