Monday, March 13, 2006

Floating Downstream

Well, I'm out of the panic mode I was in for most of the past week. I went to the doctor today and he worked on me & gave me some meds that will hopefully clear up my problems. I was just a little freaked out because it involved a part of my body that, once you reach a certain age, you do not take chances with - you get any anomalies checked out toot sweet. It also would have severely limited my ability to go riding this summer, if you get my drift. There's a small chance I might need a follow-up procedure, but hopefully the problem has been rectified (har har). Alright, enough of that.

I spoke to my Stepdad in the hospital today, and although he was pretty morphine'd up he sounded good. Mom got the whole story and apparently after he was napalmed by a load of burning spray paint and gasoline to the face, he drove himself to the hospital, walked into the emergency room with his skin hanging off, and told the nurses "Just patch me up real quick so I can go back to the barn and get back to work". God damn that's hardcore. Needless to say they weren't buying it. As with dealing with any type of burn the greatest risk is infection, more so with him since he got a faceful of superheated Krylon on top of getting burned. They will probably keep him for a few more days, but they said skin grafts won't be necessary and he probably won't have any scarring (I told him that he wasn't really that pretty to start with).

I missed the warmest temps of the year this week by being practically bedridden, the only consolation is that we got walloped pretty steadily by thunderstorms so I probably couldn't have gotten any riding in anyway. I still haven't gotten in the parts I need for the camera rig I mentioned - the guy I was dealing with on that was kinda dicey from the start, but that's a story for another time. I have, however, gotten lots of new guitar/effects gear lately, so hopefully I can do a write-up with some pics of that stuff later in the week for those of you who are interested. But now, I really need to study for my final, okay?

No comments: