Friday, February 03, 2006

The Morphine Dialogues

Spent most of the last couple of days at the hospital with my Mom. Some interesting snippets of conversation with her after they administered painkillers:

Me: So I ran into the Stephensons the other night...
Mom: Bicycles!
Me: What?
Mom: ...bicycles don't have anything to do with the Stephensons, do they?
Me: No.
Mom: Okay.

Mom: I'm kind of surprised my Mom didn't call me.
Me: Mom, she's been dead for twenty years.
Mom: Oh yeah, that's right.

Me: Well Mom, I think I'm going to head out for the night.
Mom: Okay. Do you have all your guns?
Me: Sure do, right here. (at this point it's easier just to humor her).
Mom
: Okay, bye!

1 comment:

red said...

Oh the joys of painkillers. When I broke my arm, my Grandma thought it would a good idea to load me up on some sort of pain meds.

I remember laughing at the TV for awhile until I realized it wasn't on.

I like the "do you have all your guns?".

Hope she's doing ok.