Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bike Week Pics

We kinda forgot that he even went to Bike Week, what with the excitement and all, but my Stepdad did burn a CD for me with the pictures he took there. He's a Harley guy, so obviously that's gonna be his focus (well, that and titties) but you're just going to have to deal with that. Here's the highlights - I will narrate to the best of my ability, considering I wasn't there. I should also point out that he refuses to give up his ancient Sony Mavica digital camera that uses 3.5" floppy disks, so the image quality might be worse than you're used to. Anyways, here we go:


Cool retro bobber. Need to lose that front brake, though.


Another one - cool panhead engine, but I'm not really feeling the green wheels. And I hate peanut tanks.


The green looks better on her.


Apparently this is Harley's new model, The FLHX Street Glide. Kind of a stripped-down touring bike.


Demo bikes at the Harley tent. Papaw said he rode all the Harleys as well as a Moto Guzzi, which kinda surprised me. Sounded like he was impressed.


Cool paint scheme on a Road King - he's considering something like this for his Electra Glide. I don't think Harley uses the black/orange scheme enough - all you see it on lately is the Sportsters.


One of the helpful staff at the refreshment stand.


A Boss Hoss - I'm sorry, I guess these are neat in a "Let's-see-if-we-can-do-it" kinda way, but man, are they ugly.


That's a V-Rod with a sidecar and a freaky custom front end. Like they didn't look weird enough to start with...


Now that's a rear tire. Do you even need a kickstand with that thing?


If a Hummer just isn't manly enough for you, you can by a Ford F-650 dump truck converted with a standard bed & semi tires. I guess these start at $89,999. Sounds reasonable to me.


I knew when Florida repealed its helmet law this would happen...


Crazy-ass chromed out Hayabusa with a turbocharger and extended swingarm.


Apparently you can get Hemi head kits for Harley engines now. Sounds pretty trick, but pricey.


Auugh!!! My eyes!!! Yes, that two V-twins in one frame. How'd you like to try the box on that?!?


Riders waiting to take a parade lap at the Speedway.


Valentino Rossi's 600cc race bike. I'm digging the retro anniversary paint job.


Cool subtle bagger - Check out the details like frenched lights and anodized crash bars.


That's all for now - I'm planning on heading down with him in the next year or two (I figure I should check it out at least once...)

No comments: