Thursday, April 29, 2010

Project Files: High Voltage

So the wife & I have several mini-vacations planned this summer - one of the things that's always a pain for a gadget freak like me is running all over the house, rounding up & unplugging all the various chargers / cables / batteries / etc. for all my gizmos, and packing them away.  The good news is that you can get a charger for just about anything on eBay nowadays, usually for under three bucks shipped (as long as you're willing to wait for it to come on the slow boat from China).  Over the past couple of months I've been buying bits & pieces to make a kit that would be able to charge damn near everything I own, from just about any source - then it could live in my truck or suitcase and I wouldn't have to worry about it any more.  I had a gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods that was expiring, and found a cool little North Face travel bag on clearance that looked perfect for it.  Here it is:


Contents:

3.5mm audio cable
110v AC to USB adapter (x2)
2000mAh battery w/ USB / mini-USB / Nintendo DS adapter
iPod A/V output cable
USB angle extension
USB female to male adapter
USB to Samsung cable
Retractable mini-USB cable
12v outlet splitter
Retractable iPod cable (x2)
Retractable USB cable (x2)
12v Nintendo DS charger
12v to USB adapter
Spare headphones (x2)
AA/AAA battery charger
4 AA & 4 AAA lithium ion rechargeable batteries
4 AA Energizer Titanium batteries
12v to Motorola charger
Stanley 4-in1 screwdriver
Gerber Artifact multi-tool

I'm still waiting on a 110v AC to 12v inverter, and a 110v charger for the wife's phone to arrive in the mail to complete it.  When this is in my truck, it accompanied by a 400w inverter, so that gives me yet another option.  One of these days I'm gonna pony up for one of those really nice Brunton folding solar chargers, and I'll be good to go anywhere...

No comments: