Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hey Bulldog Woof

The postman dropped something off for me today:


... a Butz-Choquin rusticated bulldog from Iwan Ries and Co,, along with some of their house blend "Ko Ko" (a burley blend) and a free sample of their own Three Star Blue.  I have been wanting a bulldog for a while, and I couldn't pass up the price on this one.  I was wondering if I would like it, as opinions on French-made pipes in general, and Butz-Choquins in particular, are pretty polarized.  I'm happy to report that it smokes great - it probably stayed cooler than any other pipe I own.  the acrylic bit doesn't feel as "sturdy" as some other I own, but at the price I paid I'm not going to complain...

2 comments:

red said...

Nice pipe!


I was at Lucky's blog, didn't know you're one the EDC forum too. I don't get on there much any more, makes my bank account cry.

Der_General said...

Red -

I don't get there much anymore either - once I found myself seriously considering starting a collection of Atwoods, I decided to put the brakes on it...