Saturday, June 03, 2006

Come On You Stranger, You Legend, You Martyr

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I've posted. I have no excuse, other than it was pretty nice out last week and I'm tethered to a computer for 8+ hours a day already.

Spring in Ohio lasted it's traditional 72 hours before the 92-degree heat set in, and now we're getting pummeled by thunderstorms, but I did manage to get a nice barbecue in with some friends for Memorial Day. One cool thing that happened: That weekend, all the dandelions in the state dropped their blooms at the same time. I mean, they were everywhere. You couldn't walk outside without being in a cloud of them. Even driving down the freeway at 70+ MPH, they were floating into the car by the dozens. (I was actually thankful that I let my doctor talk me into taking some allergy medication this year). When I was driving home at dusk, it was pretty cloudy. Right as I drove under a bridge, the sun broke through the clouds, illuminating all the tiny dandelion seeds floating on the air for a split second. At that exact moment, the first verse of one of my favorite songs started playing on the radio:


Remember when you were young

You shone like the sun


I'm sorry Syd Barrett went crazy and all, but that was awesome.

No comments: