Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yeeesh...

...that's the longest I've gone without posting in a while. Sorry about that, it's been a week filled with overtime, emergency dentistry and car troubles, but I won't go into that right now. No new projects of note, I had hoped to have a new guitar to show you, but it's on backorder. I did pick up one of these:



It's pretty slick - plays like a full size, but small enough to stash just about anywhere (even, say, in a locker at one's workplace, if one was so inclined). The only other thing I've come across lately worth mentioning is this book, which pretty much sums up my interests lately to a "T":



If you're not familiar with Billy Gibbons, he's the guitarist for that little 'ol band from Texas. Even if you're not a fan, realize that Jimi Hendrix called a then-unknown Gibbons "one of the few guitarists I'd pay to see". Then listen to the riff in "La Grange" and recognize, fool. He's also a prolific collector of custom cars - everyone remembers the Eliminator coupe, but he also lays claim to such rides as Kopperhed and CadZZilla. Then there's his collection of guitars - most notably his '59 Les Paul dubbed "Pearly Gates", but there are dozens & dozens of others. "Rock + Roll Gearhead" is essentially a coffeetable book - half cars, half guitars. How kick-ass is that?!?

No comments: