Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Family Style

Hey all -

Made it back from the 'Burgh okay - thanks to everyone who passed along their condolences, both on & offline. No essays/projects to post today, I am pretty physically & emotionally drained after the trip. It was great to see my relatives again, even though it wasn't the happiest of circumstances. I'm thinking I might have to write something vaguely inspired by them - to oversimplify, they are the old money/high society side of the family (I guess that makes me from the food stamp/carnival barker side of the family). Regardless, I get along good with them, and they're a hoot as people-watching fodder - kinda like Ayn Rand & Tennessee Williams got together, dropped acid, & wrote a one-act play. Check back in a day or so...

1 comment:

Surly said...

Ayn Rand & Tennessee Williams got together, dropped acid, & wrote a one-act play.
I actually get that. Deliciously bizarre.

Sorry bout Grandma.