Thursday, January 05, 2006

Holding Pattern

...not much going on lately - it is cold & flu season, and my workplace has seven people who all share the same keyboards, phones, pens & pencils etc. This means that about half of the employees in my department are sick on any given day. As a bit of germ freak, I usually set off a few Lysol-bombs as soon as I get in and wash my hands constantly, so I remain pretty healthy - but this also means that I get called in for tons of overtime to cover other people's shifts (five times in the past two weeks, and a co-workers' father just passed away last night, so there's probably more to come). I also start classes on Saturday, and have been running back and forth to campus taking care of paperwork and whatnot. As I mentioned to Lucky in the comments for the previous post, I had hoped to have a new project to post here, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Oh well, I'll come up with something. At the very least, I have some new gear coming I'll tell you about.

The only other news I have: I actually got asked out. On a date. By a real, live girl. And she wasn't blind or a hunchback or anything. In fact, she was pleasantly normal looking. Ladies, more of you should do this - men like it when women are direct. Well, I do, anyway - of course, I am a total retard when it comes to picking up "signals" from women. I'm probably going to politely decline - she is a friend of a family member of mine who, although I love her dearly, can only be described as a bible-thumper and a bit of a basket case. As such, she tends to hang out with other bible-thumping basket cases (her "support group"), and I just can't deal with that right now. Sure was a nice boost to my self-esteem, though...

No comments: