Sunday, February 05, 2006

Go Steelers

As I've mentioned here before, my family is originally from Pittsburgh (they moved west in '73, I came along in '75). Being born & raised in the Steel City, Dad was a Pittsburgh superfan of the highest order - this was a man who would go on three-hour car rides on a clear summer night, since he could usually pick up KDKA on the car radio and listen to the Pirates broadcast from his hometown. This will be the first Superbowl he won't be around for, and it's a shame he won't be here to see his beloved Steelers play. We miss you Dad, we'll cheer extra loud for you.

Xmas 1977

1 comment:

Lucky said...

A few years back I went to the Minnesota State Fair and naturally stopped by the beer tent for a Grain Belt Premium. Some dude was there and asked what I was drinking. He bought me another beer and told me that he and his mom went to the State fair on that particular day every year, and got a beer at that particular beer garden and that it was the first year that his mom wasn't there.

I thought it was a touching gesture, and the free beer didn't bother me either.

Seems like you've had a tough year. I'll try to send some good mojo your way.