Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nobody Knows Anything About My Existence

So while we were in Gatlinburg there were several tobacconists I was hoping to visit, but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to - this was a family vacation with my parents, and while my wife doesn't care about my pipes, I didn't want to get The Look from my Mom.  However, we did make a trip to one of my favorite shops in the area, Smoky Mountain Knife Works.  The main reason was that I wanted to pick up a Case Baby Doc to use as a pipe knife.  Everyone split up and while I was walking to their Case department, I passed by their Zippo section and saw a very nice Peterson gift set that included a Donegal Rocky #106 and a Zippo lighter with pipe chimney.  Since I had budgeted part of my vacation money for a new pipe, and I didn't own a Peterson yet, I decided to pick it up:



...and here is the knife I picked up, a Case Baby Doc with green jigged bone handles:


...anyways, more on my other knife acquisitions in a day or two.  I'm also planning on working on the bike in the next week or so, stay tuned.

No comments: