Thursday, August 17, 2006

How Can You Have Any Pudding If You Don't Eat Your Meat

Although I have peers who have far greater dedication to pizza than I do, I was seriously craving a homemade pizza for the past week. When I went to the grocery store the other day I picked up some crusts, sauce, all the toppings, etc. The next day I got everything out and whipped up a masterpiece of a pizza, turned on the oven, and threw it in. 20 minutes later I came back and opened the oven door to see my creation... still uncooked?!? Hmmmm. The oven was on. I tried one of the burners - nothing. I called the gas company to see if I forgot to pay the bill, and she said the 'tards working on putting in new water mains across the street cut the line. So I had to come home from work in the morning and stay up waiting for the gas company to come out, turn the gas back on at the curb, and re-light all my appliances. On top of that, today was the first day of school in my neighborhood - meaning lots of kiddies (& parents) probably didn't have any hot water for their showers. Bet that went over big. They've also broken the water main twice, and have had the road in front of my house torn up for months with no end in sight. No real point here, I'm just frustrated and felt like bitching...

No comments: