Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Like A Wheel, Gonna Spin It

I spent the weekend in that weird state that occurs when you stay awake so long that your body resigns itself that sleep is just not going to happen, and your mind is pumped so full of caffeine that it's going 100 miles an hour. The bad part is, the reason was that I was cramming for a mid-term, and it didn't even happen (it was delayed for a couple weeks). I was so wired that I couldn't fall asleep for hours after I got home, although I eventually collapsed and slept for 14 hours straight.

Some closure/addendums to previous issues:

I blew out the cords in another tire the other day, and it was the last straw - I've been going through a set of low-profile tires every year at $700 a set, and I could pretty much count on destroying at least two tires before their life expectancy was up. I got the factory rims out of the shed and had them put back on. They don't look cool, but I figure it's one less thing I have to worry about. After that, I spent the afternoon repairing the banister I ripped out of the wall the other day.

I finally got around to picking up the supplies to give the bike an oil change, although I didn't enjoy the trip - In my experience, there are two kinds of motorcycle dealerships: ones that are purely sales oriented, run by profiteers and staffed by idiots. The second kind is usually smaller, run by people who love motorcycling/powersports and staffed by people who genuinely want to be ambassadors to the sport. The shop I went to was part of a chain in my area that is firmly in the first camp - the salesmen eyed me like vultures as I walked in, and the parts guy, while friendly enough, was clueless. As a former employee of one of the helpful shops, it was like chewing on tinfoil.

Finally, as an amateur photographer, I recently came across unphotographable.com and was fascinated. It reminded me that while a picture may be worth a thousands words, it's no match for the imagination...

No comments: